SVGATextMode

Since upgrading to frozen SVGATextMode doesn't work correctly any more.
If I type stm I get this error

Cannot open font file /usr/lib/kbd/consolefonts/gr8x16.psf
/usr/bin/setfont /usr/lib/kbd/consolefonts/gr8x16.psf: No such file or
directory
stm: ERROR: '/usr/bin/setfont /usr/lib/kbd/consolefonts/gr8x16.psf' failed
with error code 256

All of the consolefonts have been removed from the above directory.

I also was able to reset my display, which gets garbled severely when I
use X with bpp 16.  It no longer resets the video for the console when I
leave X and use stm.

Why are the consolefonts removed in the upgrade and not replaced?  Does
this have to do with installing tetex?  What is the fix?

Does anybody know how I can have my console reset correctly when leaving
X?  I have a TGUI9680XGI Trident card.

--Rick

rickya@siservices.net