Re: Is there an opposite to adduser?

> <[🔎] 3.0.32.19970430131119.006be420@danenet.wicip.org>
> From: Dirk Herr-Hoyman <hoymand@danenet.wicip.org>
> Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org

[ question: Is there an opposite to adduser? ]

> If you look at /usr/sbin/deluser directly, you'll see it's a
> Perl script.  A quickly hack too, judging both on the comments
> and on the functionality.

> Is is just me, or is it really the case that no Unix has decent
> tools for administering user accounts :-)

Many of us end up editing /etc/passwd and /etc/group, with nothing
more elaborate than vi.  There could be a lint tool (like weblint,
etc.) just for the purpose of checking the integrity of these files.
Perhaps one exists, and it's even right under my nose.

But I haven't found it yet.

Thanks for your thoughts, Dirk.  They're appreciated.

Chris
--
 Christopher W. Hafey                              (1:142/540)
 chris@river.org                | 1078 New Britain Ave Apt 217