Re: help with printing, please...

Just type "command > lpr". Replace command with the command you want print
the output of.  This will send the output to lpr (printer).  You can also
look at .xsession-errors (in home dir) and xdm-errors in the /var/log dir,
depending on what you are doing and at what point you get the errors.

Just play with combo's of the above and you will get all the errors.  Also
read the man page on the command and see if you can increase debugging
with an arg (-d or --debug normally).

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, smorrill wrote:

> sorry, this is a second request...
>
> Is there any way I can send what's actually showing on the on the screen
> to the printer?  I'm trying to get XFree86 running and getting a lot of
> error messages.  I'd like to be able to print these out so I can try to
> address the problems without having to write everything down...  As is
> obvious, I'm really new at this Linux stuff, so I'm still very much in
> the thrashing around stages.
>
> I'm using Debian Release 1.2 on a 586 / 133 mhz coexisting with
> winbloze95... I can't even get my ppp stuff going yet so I have to still
> use winbloze to connect to the 'net.. I'm so ashamed!!  :(
>
>  TIA
> ---
> > Steve Morrill

> > > Please reply to <smorrill@oro.net>..  +  PGP pub key id: 0xF2459FCD  <
> > > header changed to prevent spamming!   +  Linux..it's not just an OS, <
> > >                                       +  it's an adventure!          <
>
> --
> Steve Morrill

--Rick