Re: Things I miss from Slackware - Could I implement this in my Debian system?

Stig Sandbeck Mathisen wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I moved from Slackware to Debian, but there's a couple of things I
> have not been able to figure out yet:
>

>   2: Adjust the colors used. From what I remember, the Slackware used
>      green on keywords, and white on err... filnames? (The colors
>      aren't that important, but it _did_ improve readability.

Try editing your .bashrc which should be in your home directory. If you
do an:
ALIAS ls=ls -color=auto
That should do the trick. If you want your users including Root to have
this you can do the same in their .bashrc files. I'm assuming your shell
is bash.

Jim