Re: Things I miss from Slackware - Could I implement this in my Debian system?

Hi,

Have you tried command

    eval `resize`

before running man.

Note that the quotes need to be ` not '. I have found this useful when there's
trouble with the size of the xterm.

Andy Mortimer wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Apr 1997, Stig Sandbeck Mathisen wrote:
>
> > man :
> > How can I change the behaviour of man to do:
> >
> >   1: Adjust itself to the screen size in console and Xterm. It seems
> >      to be 80 chars wide even when I run SVGATextMode and get 132x60.
>
> I have no idea about this one, but do let me know if you find out, as
> it's a problem I have as well!

// Heikki
--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland