Re: Adaptec AHA1522B plus AHA2940UW

You can connect all your devices to the 2940.  If you use the 50 pin
internal connector for the narrow devices you need to disable onboard
termination of the low 8 bits and enable onboard termination of the
high 8 bits.  You can still connect them externally if you get the
appropriate internal to external or wide to narrow adaptors.
The best source for these is probably Adaptec.

You could still have proplems if the narrow devices are not
compliant with the Scsi-2 specifications.  You might be able to
get the 1522 working by passing the right io-port parameters,
either on boot, or to the module in /etc/conf.modules .

--Brian