Re: Rocket Port ISA card and LINUX

   Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 14:49:04 -0500
   From: Lauralyn Gorham <lauralyng@comtrol.com>

   Hi Ted.  I'm going to be installing the 2.0.01 Debian Linux here shortly,
   in hope to find autoconfig.h file.  Our UK office has a customer that seems
   to be missing it, and it causes the driver install to fail?  do you know
   what it's use if for and where to get it?

It's from the kernel include files, and it indicates that the
compilation environment isn't set up properly.

I don't know enough about the debian distribution to know whether or not
all of the include files (including the kernel include files) are
present as part of the default compilation environment or not.
Depending how the Debian has set things up, the user might have to get a
copy of the kernel sources and build a kernel before they can build the
Rocketport driver.  (This isn't necessary for Redhat, since their kernel
include package --- which is mandatory if you install the C compiler ---
has a fully configured set of kernel include files that match the kernel
which they install.)

I've cc'ed this message to debian-users@lists.debian.org, in hopes that
someone there can help shed light on this issue.  Thanks!!

						- Ted