xserver_s3v

I'm using the lastest xserver_s3v from hamm with a Diamond Stealth 3D 2000
(S3 virge chipset). I can't get it to work in 16 bpp mode with a screen
size of 1024x768.

Supposedly, that's because the former s3v specs only allowed a maximum
rate of 80MHz in 16 bpp mode.

Since then, S3 relaxed the specs to allow a rate of 94.5MHz in this mode,
so I wondered if a package would soon come which would allow this. If not,
is there anything I can do to make it work without having to recompile the
whole server ?

					Mat