Weird X error with pthreads.

I have your basic X program, open a window and draw something on it, and when
I link it with the pthreads library and try to run it I get :

XIO:  fatal IO error 0 (Unknown error) on X server ":0.0"
      after 26 requests (24 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

I'm not calling any functions that are in the pthreads library I'm just
linking the library in.
Does anyone know why I get this?
--
Jason Killen                                     Question Stupidity
Mama's don't let your babies grow up to be Linux hackers