Re: Problem printing large PostScript files with GhostScript.

>      I have little experiance with postsctipt and am having trouble
> printing some files.  One in particular is a 1.4 Meg file of around
> 325 pages.  The printers that I have available are HP laserjet series
> 2 and 4.  Ghostscript gets to the 100 page point and quits.  This
> happens when I attempt to print them direct and when I attempt to
> convert the files into a PDF file since I can deal with a PDF file.
> The PDF file is some 17+ Megs
>
>      Is there a hard limit on GostScript in this area that I'm not
> aware of?  Would it be a better bet to try to change to
> magicfilters?

Maybe there is a problem caused by too little space in the spooling
directories?  Anyway, you could try to reduce the problem by cutting the
file into smaller ones using psselect from the psutils.
Note that the man page says:

The input PostScript file should follow the
Adobe Document Structuring Conventions.

Now hope it does...

Eric Meijer

 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032
 Lab. for Catalysis and Inorg. Chem. (TAK) | tel. fax    +31 40 2455054