Re: netstd_2.13-1 ( READ THIS!!! or you /etc/inetd.conf will suffer )

> > It is one of the removal scripts of CVS, *DO NOT* remove cvs as it will wipe
> > inetd.conf :(
> >

> Only to clarify this ...
> It's only valid for the versions CVS 1.9-{1,2,3} (all versions only in
> unstable). If you have one of
> these versions installed edit the cvs.postrm in
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/cvs.postrm and comment the line
> update-inetd --remove "^"
> out.
>
> This line removes every entry in your inetd.conf otherwise. After
> an upgrade of cvs check then your inetd.conf for any superfluous
> entries of cvs.

OUCH!  I didn't read this carefully enough the first time.

I just lost my /etc/inetd.conf !

So for everyone else -- if you have CVS installed, make this fix...

This applies to upgrading, as well as removing CVS, since the postrm
gets run either way.

Cheers,

 - Jim