Re: ftp.debian.org - cannot assign requested address

On Sun, 20 Apr 1997, Douglas L Stewart wrote:

> 200 PORT command successful.
> 425 Can't build data connection: Cannot assign requested address.

> Does anyone else get this from ftp.debian.org?  I get it off and on and
> have been for a few months now.  I thought maybe it was just me or my

Me too.  always when doing 'dftp getnew' (when it comes to the 'getselect'
part) I get these errors.  Always seems to happen when there aren't many
updated files in unstable - luckily.  Waiting a few minutes usually gets
me the next couple of files..

netstat -t doesn't seem interesting - no sockets in weird states (like
SYN_RECV or FIN_WAIT2).

	-- Niels.