Re: Emacs keys differences between console and X

On Thu, 17 Apr 1997, David Pfitzner wrote:

> > On Thu, 17 Apr 1997, Andreas Tille wrote:
>
> I had a problem like this, and I think the main thing I had to do
> to get the behaviour I wanted was to uncomment "XkbDisable"
> in my /etc/X11/XF86Config.
> (I had guessed wrong when the setup had asked about xkb...)
Hmmm, yes <Alt-x> now works like expected but German Umlauts
disapeared.  So that couldn't be a soulution for me because
I need the Umlauts much more than the Meta key moreover I don't
know how to write Umlauts in this case but I know a method to
get Meta if <Alt> isn't working :-).

But thanks for this answer.

By the way my XF86config looks like

    XkbLayout   "de"
    XkbVariant  "nodeadkeys"
    XkbKeymap   "xfree86(de)"

but I have to press <Blank> after ~, ', `, ^.  Thought it shouldn't be
necessary for nodeadkeys.

Andreas.