"Press any key to see message: e..."

Hi,

I have a strange problem whilst reading the debian-user
mailing lists with my mail reader Elm 2.4 PL25 and
metamail 2.7-15.

Below is an example of my "inbox" -

   M 1   Apr 18 debian-user-digest (725)  debian-user-digest Digest V97 #126
   P 2   Apr 17 debian-user-digest (826)  debian-user-digest Digest V97 #125
   P 3   Apr 17 debian-user-digest (909)  debian-user-digest Digest V97 #124

The first message is recognised as mime coded message,
and is displayed accordingly. The headers of the mail messages
not displayed for some reason which I find a bit annoying
but I can live with it.

The next messages, marked with a "P" produce the following error when opened-

Press any key to see message: e, and can't access the PGP keyring

...so then I go ahead and press a key, and the message source is
displayed. Yes, it does sound like a configuration problem, but can
someone tell me why about 50% of the debian-user-digests are marked "M"
and the rest are "P" and sometimes "S"? I can't see any pattern, I
would expect them to be all one or the other.

Thanks in advance

-Shane D. McAndrew