Re: Linux Help Needed.

Hi.
Hey, you shouldn't begin with 'I have a PPro ...'. It make me jaleous and
I don't want to help you ! ( the 486 is great, but still...)

I suppose your CD-rom is IDE, so your block device name should be
/dev/hdc1

I'm not sure because mine is different.

hda is the master on the first interface, ( C: )

so I suppose the next is hdc
the number is for the partition. As there is only one in a cd-rom, it
sould be 1.

Oops, I checked the Linux File System Standart, and it says
/dev/hdc (master cdrom on the second interface)

Bye,
Alexandre