Re: bi

>>>>>>>> On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, Vadim wrote:

 Vadim> > My beloved Vadik, :) there is nothing objectively "fast"
 Vadim> > about slang and nothing "slow" about lisp. Emacs seems to
 Vadim> > be alot more complicated then jed that's all. (maybe jed is
 Vadim> > faster just because it meant to be "fast emacs clone"?)
 Vadim>
 Vadim> Dearest Borik, you should know that various Lisps (scheme,
 Vadim> e-lisp, etc.) are interpreted really really slow, and S-Lang
 Vadim> is interpreted faster.

E-lisp is a very light lisp...

 Vadim> As far as I know, jed can do basically
 Vadim> the same things emacs can.

Jed uses alot less system calls, too bad ;-).

 Vadim> It's still slower than vi, because
 Vadim> vi doesn't make 8 system calls per keystroke (as emacs does).

Jed is about 3 system calls per keystroke, but it has nothing to do
with lisp.

 Vadim> And about jed being faster because it's supposed to be a
 Vadim> faster emacs clone -- let's call emacs a faster ed clone and
 Vadim> see how it works ;)

Let's call ed "fast but reduced emacs clone".

 Vadim> > Always truly yours, borik
 Vadim>
 Vadim> I love you too, bro Vadik                                    .

Can't live without you!! :..(..

borik

Boris D. Beletsky                          borik@debian.org
System Group 	 			borik@cs.huji.ac.il
Institute of Computer Science           borik@isracom.co.il
Hebrew University Jerusalem            home: +972 2 6411880