Re: pppd won't reset (or hang up) the modem

Yes, passive option is used.

ppp.log says something like (sorry, my machine is at home so I don't
have the exact words).

terminating on signal 15
sent TermReq <id ...>
recd TermAck <......>

   > Yes, ppp.log says "terminating on signal ..."
   >
   > Perhaps the key piece of evidence is that everything *used* to work
   > fine until I had to switch to pap-style authorization.

   Ok. I'm asking because I've got the source tree here and I had to
   debug a nasty one myself a short while ago. Another question:
   do you use the "passive" or "silent" options?

   --
   Jens B. Jorgensen
   jjorgens@bdsinc.com