problem with kernel sound configuration

When I get to configuring my sound card, and get to the SB base I/O field,
the default is 220.  Whatever I seem to type, it returns "sorry, no help
is available for this option".  I've tried typing 220 and just hitting
enter and both of them get me that response.

Anyone have an idea before I dig into the shell script/program?  I've got
bash 2.0 installed.  Is this the cause?

       Douglas L Stewart         |  Currently at Hughes in El Segundo, CA:
 Pencom Systems Administration   |
        doug@pencom.com          |  Voice: (310) 364-8577
"Wherever I go, there _we_ are." |  Pager: (800) 759-8888 PIN 801-9269
  PSA Collective Intellect (TM)  |  E-mail: uq616207@hsc.hac.com