Re: vi

On Apr 15, Britton wrote
:
: Wow, you guys sure think fast :)  But I know where you are coming from.  I
: am a pretty speedy typist and have often been annoyed by odd keys.  Now I
: am wondering:  is there an easy way with emacs or some other editor to
: assign a short string to a 'wierd key'?  I hate parenthesies for example
: (I can't even speell them).  It would be nice if I could just type pn and
: have it immediately subbed out for the char (.  cn could close it.
: Anything out there that lets you set things like this?

In vi:

	:map pn (

But now you'll get `(' every time you time pn.  Unless `pn' is prefixed
with ^V.

    Heiko
--
email : heiko@lotte.sax.de heiko@debian.org heiko@sax.de
pgp   : A1 7D F6 7B 69 73 48 35  E1 DE 21 A7 A8 9A 77 92