Re: vi

Wow, you guys sure think fast :)  But I know where you are coming from.  I
am a pretty speedy typist and have often been annoyed by odd keys.  Now I
am wondering:  is there an easy way with emacs or some other editor to
assign a short string to a 'wierd key'?  I hate parenthesies for example
(I can't even speell them).  It would be nice if I could just type pn and
have it immediately subbed out for the char (.  cn could close it.
Anything out there that lets you set things like this?