Re: bi

Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> writes:

> a key point to make here is that regexps aren't difficult to learn
> because of vi, they are difficult to learn because they are complex -
> but you MUST learn them if you want to have any proficiency with unix.
> vi actually makes them easier to learn because you can play with them
> interactively.

I do not know vi well but I do not see how it could be simpler than ctr-alt-s
in emacs.  There, while you are filling the regular expression you can see the
text that the incomplete regular expression is matching. If you put one letter
more and the matching you had does not match anymore, it goes to next
ocurrence of that regular expression you have in the text.

--
Alair Pereira do Lago  <alair@ime.usp.br> <http://www.ime.usp.br/~alair>
Computer Science Department -- Universidade de S~ao Paulo -- Brazil