MIT-Scheme 7.4.n

 I was thinking about trying to do my first Debian package, of
MIT-Scheme.  I've found it to be the best scheme interpretter out
there for a person who is just beginning to learn the language, since
it's the one many of the Scheme textbooks assume you have.  And, I
like its interface to the emacsen best.

<URL:http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/scheme-home.html>

 When I went to ftp it, I found that they release a binary kit that
has an installer script.  It worked on the first try, and I was
entering Scheme expressions in an editor window less than 5 minutes
after the download!  So a package isn't *required* to run this and get
started with it.

 I would be nice to have the info's installed, and a simple upgrade
path.  A menu to launch `edwin`, or to `gnuclient '(run-scheme)'`
maybe?

 After thinking about it a while; or trying to; I realize that I
honestly don't know enough about Linux and Debian to be able to make a
package.  Back to my reading, folks.  :-)

--
Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg@inetarena.com>
http://www.inetarena.com/~karlheg