Re: problem with base disks

On Sat, 12 Apr 1997, Mart Klanberg wrote:

> Or, if problem is unknown, how can I get the base system from another fs
> (the 'prev. mounted fs'), is it the bo/binary/base/* that it needs? (I
> tar'ed it to dos partition, and copied to /target/bleh/* ... giving him
> /target/bleh/ as the directory of base packets caused script to give some
> seg.faults or just to restart from beginning)

The solution that I have used many times is to get the boot floppies from
the "stable" release and then just install the "unstable" tree from
dselect.  The base system mostly will need to be updated but this works.

Cheers

Carlo

    *                            Carlo U. Segre                           *
    *      Department of Biological, Chemical and Physical Sciences       *
    *        Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL 60616          *
    *   Voice: (312) 567-3498                      FAX: (312) 567-3494    *
    *                      segre@charlie.cns.iit.edu                      *