Re: dselect

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, George Bonser wrote:

> Just a short suggestion:
>
> Split dselect.  A small one (dinstall?) just for installation and a more
> full-featured one for configuration management.

Okay I will bite, Why?

If you have a small dselect then the first thing to be installed would be
the larger dselect.

Now perhaps two different programs with different roles would be a good
idea, but what would they be more specificaly?

Here is an idea that seems to have been hinted at indirectly by a number
of posts and that is a configuration aide for newbies. It would present
them with a list of packages and tell them were the config files are and
direct them to the /usr/doc/package files, etc.. I donno.

Jason