RE: bi

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Rick wrote:

> I do search and replace in Xemacs all the time.  I'm fairly sure that regular
> emacs will do it too.

I never said the various emacsen couldn't do it.  I find emacs very
confusing.  47 bazillion different "modes" to do everything, a googleplex
of command key sequences, and sucks RAM like it's going out of style.
Sounds like something straight out of Redmond.  Even the modes lack a
redeeming quality, being written in LISP a language that uses more
parentheses than actual code.

> Why go back to a command shell editor when I can use a GUI editor?

You want a GUI so bad?  gvim.

> vi had it's time.  Time to move on.  There are better editors now.

Better for who?  I like vi.  Who are you to tell me that I can't use my
favorite editor?  I even have a copy of vim on my PowerBook.

Jason Costomiris                 | Finger for PGP 2.6.2 Public Key
jcostom@sjis.com                 | "There is a fine line between idiocy
My employers like me, but not	 | and genius.  We aim to erase that line"
enough to let me speak for them. |			--Unknown

	        	http://www.jasons.org/~jcostom