Re: Question on install

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Alexander Koch wrote:

> Quoting Paul Wade (paulwade@greenbush.com):
> [...]
> > > My problem is that I take the resc1440.bin and write it to disc (with dd)
> > > and when it comes to boot it just does nothing and the mbr of /dev/sda
> > > (lilo) is taken.
> >
> > Is the floppy drive trying to read at boot? Make sure your system bios is
> > set up for proper boot order A:,C: and not C:,A:
> >
> > If that doesn't solve it, see if your system will boot anything from a
> > floppy (like dos).
>
> There IS the correct boot order in the BIOS, the disks is read for a short
> time and then it goes over to the harddiscs.
>
> And, yes, an old M$ DOS disks boots the system properly.
>
> *sigh* I'm gonna try out Rawrite...
>
> Thanks for your help and suggestions.
>
> Alexander

Probably the easiest way to get it going for now. It sounds like the
system you're running dd on is needing a debian install, too. If there are
some additional commands or arguments needed to make floppies from other
(i.e. old) Linux systems, they should be added to the installation
instructions. I know that there are other /dev/fd* possibilities for
different capacities, etc.

+ Paul Wade                         Greenbush Technologies Corporation +
+ mailto:paulwade@greenbush.com              http://www.greenbush.com/ +
+ http://www.wtop.com/                        What does W.T.O.P. mean? +