Windows for Worgroups

What do I need to do to Linux so that I can go to File Manager on a
Windows for Workgroups network and have it recognize that there is
another computer on the network to connect to?

I can get the two computers to talk to each other with both under
Windows for work groups.

I have the ethernet card driver installed for Linux

I believe I loaded support for Windows for Worgroups when I compiled
the Linux Kernal.

But when I go to access the files on the Linux machine Windows for
Workgroups doesn't see that there's
another computer (or filesystem) connected to the network.????

I tried looking for the Windows for Workgroups Mini How To but
couldn't find one that excactly addressed WFW and Linux.

Thanks in advance.