Re: A Qt alternative for KDE?

From: Lars Hallberg Micro++ <lah@micropp.se>
> What do You think of a Wrapper Class Libary that makes it easy to write
> code that runns on diferent widget sets?

It's a good idea. There are a number of ways to go about it. One is to take
the documented Qt interface and implement it on top of a number of widget
sets. In fact, since they have already implemented it on some, we could just
start with the others and be perceived as adding value to Qt and programs that
use it such as KDE.

Another way to do it is to go with another, already free, toolkit. I'd suggest
wxWindows for this (do a web search on "wxWindows", and someone just
contributed a wxWindows-on-X package to Debian). There is an existing wxWindows
implementation for curses, but it is back several revisions from the current
wxWindows version. The disadvantage is that you'd have to write wxWindows
desktop tools rather than use the existing KDE ones.

Rather than use curses, try s-lang and its terminal support. It's smaller and
simpler.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--