Re: MC broken?

On Sat, 5 Apr 1997, Jim wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Apr 1997, David/Bill Benjamin wrote:
>
> > Today, I upgraded MC to version 3.5.17 from the unstable tree, and so
> > far, I have been unable to get the new version to run.
>
> Could it be trying to use your old .mc.ini files? It acted very strangely
> here until I deleted them and created new ones.

I have deleted the old configuration files, but that did not seem to
resolve the problem. However, I did discover something: if I change the
SHELL environment variable to anything other than /bin/zsh, it runs just
fine. I normally use the zsh shell. Note that /bin/zsh does exist in
/etc/shells, and that mc will run even if I put a non-existant program
name in SHELL. It just crashes on zsh. I think this has something to do
with the newer support for zsh internals. Should I just put "export
SHELL=/bin/bash" in my .zshenv and forget about it, or what?

Thanks,
Dave