Re: X server not working

On 25 Mar, The Gardyan wrote:
Re: I have the Debian distribution of Linux. When I type xdm as they suggest i
Re: get the "command not found" message although I can clearly see the binary
Re: in the directory. I checked to see the file attributes and they are set to
Re: be 755 so I don't understand what the problem is.
Re:
Re: When I try running startx it also gives me the same error although I can
Re: see the the startx binary as well.
Re:
Re: What's going on?

Is it in your path?  Run 'echo $PATH'

Try invoking it with ./xdm (if your in the same directory), '.' is not
in the path per default...

/Michael
--
|                Linux: Turn on...Tune in...Fork out...                 |
|    Michael Tempsch, member of Ballistic Wizards, TIP#088, TDGP#20     |