RE: X server not working

I, too, once had this problem with.  Just make sure that /usr/X11R6/bin
is in your path.

Paul

On 26-Mar-97 The Gardyan wrote:
>>I have the Debian distribution of Linux. When I type xdm as they suggest i
>get the "command not found" message although I can clearly see the binary
>in the directory. I checked to see the file attributes and they are set to
>be 755 so I don't understand what the problem is.
>
>When I try running startx it also gives me the same error although I can
>see the the startx binary as well.
>
>What's going on?
>
>thanks for your help.

Paul Rightley                     DX-3 Hydrodynamics, MS P940
Los Alamos National Laboratory    Los Alamos, NM 87545
Phone: (505)667-0460              Fax: (505)665-3359
Email: Paul Rightley <pright@lanl.gov>