Problem installing Linux

I downloaded the disks for Linux off of your web page and tried
installing it on a secondary computer.
I got part way through the installation process to where the program was
trying to configure several different peripherals to see what was
present on the system.
The program then printed out the line
	NCR53c406a : no available ports found
The program then stalls and does nothing else.  I left it running at this
point for over a half an hour and it did nothing more so I believe it is
truly stuck.
I would appreciate any help you can give me to help fix this, either to
tell it what it wants to know or find some way to prevent it from
checking for this item

Thank You

Matthew Novacek
Null_Space@Juno.com