1740 controller

I was given a Compaq ProSignia pentium 50 for our user group here
at the lab. It has 82 MB RAM and 6 1 gig drives on the builtin
scsi controller. When I boot a custom kernel, it sees the
aha1740 controller, and says '174x detected, but not in enhanced so
disabled' (or something close to that. Huh? Does anyone have one
of these beasties running? This will make a kickin Debian box
*if* I can get it going. It also has a EISA ne3200 card in it, but thats
another day.

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
                   Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons,