Re: XWindows .deb package for debian gnu linux

Greetings.

> If you get stuck, you could always try out a commercial program called
> Partition Magic that is supposed to fix up stuff like this -

I have a copy of Partition Magic III for Win '95 that I've used to success in
getting my copy of Linux on the road.

When I found myself with 450 Meg of extra free space after converting a FAT
partition to FAT32, I reduced the size of the original partition to leave
about 200 Meg free, of which I planned to make 16 Meg a swapfile and the rest
for the main partition.

Partition magic can't do that much with Linux partitions as far as I can tell.
It can certainly make non-dos partitions, to what extent I'm not completely
sure, I'd have to examine the manuals.

It *can* however, change the size of the partitions on the fly, even move the
partitions location on the HD. Of course, you can't put it down to less than
the disk space available, but you can certainly take a spare hundred meg off
one for another purpose. Very useful.

As for configuring the Linux partitions, I did that with cfdisk on
installation.

Hope *some* of this is of help.

I'll be posting my own problems shortly. ;-)

Have fun,

RtB.
subwolf@enterprise.net
Fido: 2:2500/708@fidonet.org