Re: Problems compiling gnuplot---Followup

> I reported that in recent beta gnuplots, a core dump occured in
> response to "set locale ...".
>
> After installing the debian package locale-bin, the problem has
> apparently been solved.

Yeah, someone reported that problem I think before I released
my pre-319 version, so I patched that problem.

What versions did you try that still have the problem? I sent
my patch to the gnuplot team, but never got a responce from it
(its a rather closed circle, and I don't seem to be able to get
on any mailing lists).

> Even if I use the configure switch '--with-linux-vga', ./configure
> doesn't see -lvga.

But the debian gnuplot does have the vga stuff compiled in, and
is capable of displaying on vga (tried it, few seconds ago).
Only thing is, it's not installed setuid root, so you may have
to be root to run it (or install a setuid root version in /usr/local/bin).

--
joost witteveen     joostje@debian.org

I came, I saw, ..., well, it wasn't free so I left again. (LUA, 1988)