Re: pointing device on Toshiba Satellite 110CS

On Wed, 19 Mar 1997, Karsten Bolding wrote:

> On a Toshiba Satellite 110CS I would like to be able to use the
> pointing deviec situated on the keyboard instead of an external
> mouse attached to the serial port, which I want that to use for
> a modem. The info I'm after is the device and protocol to enter
> in XF86Setup.  I guess I have to recompile the kernel with the
> proper support?

You're correct.  Find out what protocol your mouse uses.  Most of
the notebooks I've configured use the PS/2.  Then build a new
kernel that supports your mouse.  Then for X, you can directly
modify the /etc/X11/XF86Config file to indicate the mouse you
have or run XF86Setup.

--
Jean Pierre