Re: Upgrading from slackware to debian

On Tue, 18 Mar 1997, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> > Any suggestions?
> [...]
> You then need to obtain the non-debian source for dpkg. Once you have this
> compiled and running, you need to "carefuly" install the base system,
> using dpkg -i. Start with ld.so and libc5 and the rest should go smoothly.

 The procedure you describe is perfect.. but.. I users asks I would
suggest: Moving everything to /usr/local and untar base*.tgz from root.
This should be much safer... I think...
 Perhaps one very secure procedure should be chosen and included in the
FAQ list.

--
Nicolás Lichtmaier.-  | From Buenos Aires,
nick@feedback.com.ar  |      Argentina!