Re: Module utilities disappeared

On Tue, 18 Mar 1997 12:24:51 PST Garrett Jost (grjost@netcom.com)
wrote:

> I am now using the unstable Debian release with a custom-built 1.0.27 kernel.
> A week or two ago, I somehow lost the module utilities (modprobe, insmod,
> etc.) while I was doing a dselect ftp update from unstable.  It  could
> have been because my /usr filesystem filled up.  I was able to fix
> it by copying the utilities from a 1.1 disk.
>
> Now I want to put back the up-to-date module utilities, but I can't find
> which pkg it is in.  I though it was in module, but that package is
> a dummy.  It refers to a package called modutil, but I can't find
> it anywhere.

There's been a packing problem.
Before, the modules package contained the module utilities.
Now, it's the modutils package.
What happened is that the modules/modutils maintainer prepared an empty transition modules package, but it got to the mirrors before the modutils package.
As of today, modutils isn't yet in bo. So revert to rex's modules package.

Phil.