Re: Module utilities disappeared

Garrett Jost wrote:

> I hope this question hasn't been asked before.  I've been of the mailing
> list for awhile and can't find the answer anywhere else.
>
> I am now using the unstable Debian release with a custom-built 1.0.27 kernel.
> A week or two ago, I somehow lost the module utilities (modprobe, insmod,
> etc.) while I was doing a dselect ftp update from unstable.  It  could
> have been because my /usr filesystem filled up.  I was able to fix
> it by copying the utilities from a 1.1 disk.
>
> Now I want to put back the up-to-date module utilities, but I can't find
> which pkg it is in.  I though it was in module, but that package is
> a dummy.  It refers to a package called modutil, but I can't find
> it anywhere.
>
> How can I put back the current module utilities?
>
> Thanks,
> Garrett Jost

I went back to /rex-fixed/binary/base/ and used dpkg -i mod* to fix this
for the time being. I had no idea the problem existed until I rebooted
and modprobe was gone. It could have happened anytime in the last week.

Paul Wade, CEO
Greenbush Technologies Corporation
Web:	http://www.greenbush.com/
Email:	mailto:paulwade@greenbush.com