L2 cache etc

hi,

yesterday i decided to go ahead and compile the kernel with sound support
and get rid of a bunch of scsi, cd-rom and ethernet drivers. anyway,
after the first boot, i checked /var/adm/messages and found some
unexpected diagnostics regarding the PCI bus. basically, before i built
the kernel, the following two lines used to be logged to the messages file:

PCI BIOS Rev 2.10
Probing PCI hardware

now, in addition to that i get:

cache L2 not supported
CPU-PCI posted write not supported
CPU-Memory posted write not supported
PCI-Memory posted write not supported
PCI-Burst not supported

the system seems to perform at roughly the same level as before. i am
kind of baffled by these messages. anyway, here is some more info

i have:
Intel 486 DX4/75
UM 8810 APIO (with the stupid buggy cmd640) PCI Motherboard (v.3.2)
256K L2 cache
16 Mb RAM
Phoenix BIOS (v.4.04)

i configured the kernel using make menuconfig and selected both options
regarding PCI bios.
 any ideas??

    -- Sinan

ps: i would appreciate it if you could cc your response to me ... i might
have to unsubscribe from the list due to heavy traffic ... i receive my
mail at a really congested machine.

 A. Sinan Unur                                WWWWWW
                                              |--O+O
 mailto:sinan.unur@cornell.edu                C   ^
 http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/asu1/     \  ~/