Re: Any recommendation about a good 3D video card?

On Sun, 16 Mar 1997, Dany Dionne wrote:

> I'll buy a 3D video card this summer and i can expense 750$ (1000$
> Canadien). This card is to use in the developpment of a 3D environnement
> in OPENGL on PC. Do you have any recommendations? I don't know if it's a

I'd settle for those S3 based cards. S3 has 3D accelerators available
nowadays.. They have a good profile against software developers, and my
experience is that support is added to their products first. XFree has
always had good S3 support.

But you'd better check out whatever OpenGL library you are going to use
first. Mesa (for Debian Linux) is going to include some hardware support
soon, but you'd better check out their WWW page first.

  // Jonas <job@abc.se> [2:201/262.37]