Re: Any recommendation about a good 3D video card?

Dany Dionne wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'll buy a 3D video card this summer and i can expense 750$ (1000$
> Canadien). This card is to use in the developpment of a 3D environnement
> in OPENGL on PC. Do you have any recommendations? I don't know if it's a
> good idea to purchase a card like a Matrox Millenium or a ATI 3D Pro Turbo
> because the features on this cards are primary for the games.

It doesn't matter which card you buy because currently there is no 3D
accelarated X server.  MetroX sells a OpenGL and it is currently a
software
implementation only.  The hardware enable implementation supposed to be
available last year and now push to very later this year.