Re: Terminal not powerful enough for SLang.

Holger Rusch <holger@troy.inka.de> writes:

> i got a problem with SLang in xterm.
> And when I then try to start jed in an xterm it results in the
> following error message:
>
> Terminal not powerful enough for SLang.
>
> And the programm terminates. This happens for all programms which use
> SLang if I try to start them in an xterm.
> Under the console it works (with color and all great).

I used to have a similar problem.  I discovered that something was
setting some totally useless information in the TERMCAP environment
variable.  I fixed the problem by putting 'unset TERMCAP' in my
~/.bashrc (and maybe ~/.bash_profile).

--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org