Terminal not powerful enough for SLang.

Hi,

i got a problem with SLang in xterm.

The following is installed:

ii  slang0.99.34    0.99.34-1      A C programming library for user interfaces
ii  slang0.99.34-de 0.99.34-1      A C programming library for user interfaces

and

ii  jed             0.98b-4        JED - programmers's editor
ii  jedsl           0.98b-1        jed's slang files

And when I then try to start jed in an xterm it results in the
following error message:

Terminal not powerful enough for SLang.

And the programm terminates. This happens for all programms which use
SLang if I try to start them in an xterm.
Under the console it works (with color and all great).

Could anybody help me?

By the way. If I set TERM to xterm and start a selfcompiled vbox
(answeringmashine von i4l) the application is black and white. If I
set TERM to xterm-color the program shows up in color. How can I
achive that the programs are in color although I use TERM=xterm?

Ideas?

--
Und gut is ...   /\__,   eMail: holger@troy.inka.de
 Holger         / ==/___   PGP-Key: Mail mit Subject "send pgpkey"