cc compile error

Trying to make a simple "hello.c" program, I get this error message:

>bash$ cc -c hello.c
>In file included from /usr/include/stdlib.h:42,
>                 from hello.c:4:
>/usr/include/errno.h:27: linux/errno.h: No such file or directory

If I look on line 27 of /usr/include/errno.h, I see that the
compiler is indeed looking for a file called
 /linux/errno.h
and there is indeed no such file or directory.

Is there some global variable I have not set right in my system?
How to fix this?

Thanks!

--
Ken Gaugler