Re: acct package, a bug?

In your email to me, Adam Shand, you wrote:

> >> /var/adm/addtold/wtmp.2:69: problem: missing login record for `ttyC12'
> >> /var/adm/addtold/wtmp.2:364: problem: missing login record for `ttyC10'
> >>
> >> All I can think of is that somehow the way that we rotate the wtmp file is
> >> corrupting it somehow, yet it works perfectly with the old ac we were using
> >> and with debian last!
> >
> >You are using Cyclades boards? I believe (in a FAQ somewhere) that the
> >device names can only be 2 chars, like ttyC0. If you go over C9,
> >you'll have to use Ca, Cb, etc.
>
> Yes we are using Cyclades cards.  This rings a vague bell from linuxisp
> about a year ago but why would this affect the new ac and not the old?  And
> why would it cause an error like days missing?

Actually, I have no idea why it misses some days. Maybe it chokes
on the bad tty and scraps the whole day instead of reporting a bogus
value? Hmm.. skipping the days are just as bad...

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
       "Don't hang on, nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky."