Re: acct package, a bug?

On Wed, 12 Mar 1997, Tim Sailer wrote:

> You are using Cyclades boards? I believe (in a FAQ somewhere) that the
> device names can only be 2 chars, like ttyC0. If you go over C9,
> you'll have to use Ca, Cb, etc.

The problem was that the 1.x kernels could not support device names over 5
characters; the 2.x kernels can handle at least 6.

Some people use ttyC0 - ttyCf (or ttyCv, for 32 port) on the first board,
ttyD0 for second board, etc.

I don't speak for Cyclades anymore, ever since they decided they
didn't want to pay for qualified support people.  Now I have a
less stressful job with a much better paycheck.  Thanks, guys...