Re: TeTeX for Debian

Mario Olimpio de Menezes wrote:

> should i have some trouble using tetex with any of my latex files, that
> is, is the change suitably smoth? any known problem? what is missing, if
> any, regarding latex packages (they are many !) ?
>
> []s,
>    Mario O.de Menezes                     mailto:mario@net.ipen.br
>  | Nuclear and Energetic Research Institute - IPEN-CNEN/SP  BRAZIL |

Mario,

I can only describe how it went in my particular case. If by "latex
files" you mean text files you wrote in LaTeX, then of course there is
no problem whatsoever. If you mean additional macros, styles etc. that
you have added by hand to your installation, then you will have to check
out whether they are included in teTeX (it includes A LOT, much more
than the old standard Debian LaTeX). How (and where) one adds additional
macros etc to teTeX is explained in TETEX_FAQ (a must-read, as always,
as well as TETEX_doc.dvi). Learning the ins and outs of the texconfig
interface is also recommanded. Nothing up to now is "missing". The
change was very smooth indeed.
The FAQ also explains how to subscribe to the tetex mailing list, which
I recommend strongly.

Don't hesitate to write directly if you need more details,

Alain.

--
Alain Nadeau		    nadeau@cybernetic.ch
Medieval Studies Institute,