Troubles with blt debian package

I'd been using BLT for a while when I noticed that there was a
debian blt package.  So, I installed it only to find that it does
not include a blt_wish binary.  In addition, in interacts badly
with my earlier installed blt_wish, resulting in core dumps.
After purging the debian package, I'm back to my old
installation.

Has anybody used debianized blt successfully and if so, can you
tell me how to access it from tcl scripts?  I am a tcl novice -
is there something I should know about to access the blt library
from scripts?  Or should I report the lack of a blt_wish as a
feature request?

Mike