Re: question on dates

The command to view the time is 'date'.  If you do a man on this you can
see how to change the format.  Here is a couple of examples to get you
started...

<4 [dpk@brainiac]:~ >date +%m/%d/%y
03/10/97
<5 [dpk@brainiac]:~ >date +%H:%M
12:59

Hope this helps,
Dennis

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, G. Kapetanios wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have a very pressing question and I would be very happy if somebody
> could give me a clue. I have a commercial psckage installed on my debian
> system which ( GAUSS for econometric applications ) which takes the date
> time e.t.c. from the system. Unfortunately, after I upgraded from stable
> to unstable it seems to be getting the wrong format for the date or time .
> Can somebody tell me whether the programs which provide these information
> have been changed from the stable to the unstable? If so, and this must
> somehow be the case can I change the defaults to what they used to be ? If
> not which is the package providing this information so that I can
> downgrade it ??
>
>                                Thanks very much
>                                George

> George Kapetanios
> Churchill College
> Cambridge, CB3 0DS
> U.K.                            E-Mail: GK205@hermes.cam.ac.uk

|          dpk            |                                     |
| DECS, Systems Undergrad |  It is better for them to think you |
===========================  a fool, than to open your mouth    |
| work: 353.8892          |  and prove it.          -Mark Twain |
| page: 253.0724          |                                     |